Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why Burritos Are Not An Acceptable Form Of Payment

Once upon a time... there was a very hungry boy who desperately wanted a big burrito. He summoned the fairest girl in the land, who was stupid enough to blindly follow directions.

BOY:  Can you go to the Mexican grocery store and get me something?

GIRL:  Sure, I was hoping to randomly go to the Mexican grocery store today.

BOY:  Follow my instructions. Enter the store, take a left at the enormous cans of frijoles, then go straight back. You will see a big Mexican standing by a grill.  He doesn't speak English. Shout "BIG BURRITO" while holding up one finger.

GIRL:  That sounds awesome. I was hoping to order a burrito from a real Mexican today.


BOY:  Hurry I'm hungry.

So, the girl does as she is told. She made it out of the store with the $6.99 burrito in a to-go container, feeling happy that she has followed the instructions. Eager to please the boy, she drives recklessly back from the store to give him the beloved burrito.

Proudly, she presents him the burrito, along with the receipt.  She briefly paused, waiting for the boy to pay her, yet she sadly walked away empty handed.

The birds and the mice sang her a song, sewed her a dress, and sprinkled fairy-dust around her... but nothing took the place of the $6.99 she spent on the beloved Mexican burrito.

The suddenly, the door opened.  A bright light filled the room.  The boy had entered.  Surely he was bringing her the $6.99.

BOY:  Here is $2.50 and the remainder of my burrito that I couldn't finish.

GIRL:  WHAT?

BOY:  I'm full.  That was a big burrito.  I think $2.50 and 1/3 of the burrito makes us even.


Moral of the story
Burritos are not an acceptable form of payment
Not even in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment